Did you know that the average millionaire saves about 66% of his salary? While not everyone can save such a high percentage of income, we should all be concerned about saving some money every month.
The key point about saving money is that; on the one hand, if you don’t have a lot of money you will never be able to make money unless you start saving now. On the other hand; even if you have a good salary and some money aside if you don’t manage it and invest it carefully and you’ll most like have a worse financial condition 10 years from now due to unnecessary expenses, unpredictable situations and even inflation. Saving is essential for the poor, the middle class, and the wealthy.
Even if you only have a few dollars to spare, your money will grow with compound interest. The key to building wealth is developing good habits.
Once you have a little money to play with, you can start to invest.
Investing even very small amounts can reap big rewards.
For many people, the word “investing” conjures up images of men in suits, monitoring the exchange of millions of dollars on a stock ticker. But the truth is that you don’t need to be the Wolf of Wall Street to start investing. Learning how to invest money might seem scary, but it’s easier than you think, and you can start no matter how much you have saved.
Keep in mind: Investing is not a get-rich-quick scheme, but rather a way to consistently grow the wealth you already have. The good news is that even though investing is a way to grow your wealth, you don’t have to have a lot of money to get started.
Compounding interest dictates that even small sums of money can be turned into fortunes over time, providing you select the right investments.
To sum it up, this is how to invest money:
- Decide whether you want to take a “do-it-yourself” or “manage it for me” approach.
- Identify your financial goals and how soon you’ll need the money you plan to invest.
- Choose what investments match your risk tolerance (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, real estate).
- Read and study the most that you can, however, do not blindly follow everything you read, the final decision on where to invest your money should be yours.
- Understand the psychological factor when it comes to investments, for example, what FOMO is and how you should avoid it at all costs. And of course, START INVESTING carefully and small.
Growing your money should be good for you and fun. If you are investing over the sentiments of fear or greed it will be stressful, bad for your mind, and even your physical health and you probably will end up losing money.
Social trading platforms, like eToro, can be really useful to trade ideas about saving, investments, and the stock market in general.
Money does not bring happiness but it opens many doors and provides great opportunities in life. Money from investments should not be wasted as the very nature of this profession/hobby is extremely volatile. Most successful investors spend their hard-earned money with care.
The biggest advantage of having money that does not come exclusively from wages is the so-called financial independence.
Financial independence is the possibility to make all your daily decisions, from the simplest to the most important ones, without money being the main factor to consider.
Other of the biggest advantages of having money is the possibility of:
- Buying a comfortable home
- Better health care
- Quality of life
- Provide a good life and all necessary care for parents
- Ensuring a better chance of a good life for children through education and some money to start their life
- The exponential growth of the family fortune in the next generations that already start at a much higher stage than the one we’ve started initially
- Travel, see the world and know different cultures
- Help family and friends in difficult times in their lives
- Opening your own business
- Realize dreams and accomplish life goals
- And much more…
Although everyone has different dreams and goals, it is undeniable that having money can be something very positive, but it can also bring many problems to those who are irresponsible with it and think that it will solve all the problems of life by itself.
To sum up, achieving financial independence is possible for those who strive and dedicate themselves to it by saving money, investing money, and enjoy it well.